The Membership Coordinator is expected to oversee and manage the membership activities of the Al-Kandi Society of Engineers, working in collaboration with the Board of Trustees. Together, the Membership coordinators and the BoT will work toward the goal of driving a improved member experience, increasing membership acquisition and retention, and enhancing membership connections and engagement.
This position ensures that Membership-related activities are executed efficiently and in a timely manner, with use of automation where possible, and that the entire Membership team is committed to a continuous improvement model to meet and/or exceed goals for membership and associated revenues.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for proactive, year-round membership communications, promotions, and events to position Al-Kindi as a forward-thinking organisation; drive member recruiting and retention; empower and connect new and existing members; monitor ongoing member satisfaction.
- Oversee strategic direction, and coordinate with event planning team, to ensure membership events are properly coordinated and occurring at appropriate intervals.
- Work in partnership with the Marketing Committee to refine member communications strategies and implementation schedules based on overarching goals of Al-Kindi Society and on-going marketing initiatives.
- Actively utilize MailChimp to design and develop email campaigns targeted toward members and prospective members, including templates/automated emails to announce recurring (monthly/quarterly) events.
- Develop written content to be utilised in emails, event invitations, and other member communications.
- Coordinate with creative committee volunteers in development of graphics and/or other marketing collateral needed to support member and/or prospective member communications strategies.
- As needed, design and author member communications such as annual reports, quarterly newsletters, etc.
- Ensure that key learnings, metrics, analytics, and data insights from marketing campaigns are communicated through regular reporting to the Board of Trustees and that campaign parameters are adjusted, as needed, based on analytics.
- Ensure projects, campaigns, events and related communications are implemented within appropriate timeframes, especially monthly or quarterly recurring activities.
- Partner with Marketing Committee to provide input on social media strategy, especially the concept of developing reciprocity with like-minded organizations to engage members and/or prospective members.
- Analyse monthly membership report which will include membership metrics, retention rates, list of members/names, current status, renewal dates, monthly and/or yearly increase/decrease notes, membership durations, etc. to gain an understanding of trends/growth and other insights.
- Foster a solution-oriented and customer-centric approach to any Membership-related issues, including member registration and auto-renewal process, member questions or complaints, survey feedback, etc.
- Promptly troubleshoot and/or resolve issues through proactive communications and coordination with appropriate parties to ensure member satisfaction.
Desired Skills and Experience
This position requires the following skills: Marketing Strategy & Planning, Brand Development & Messaging, Business Development & Sales Management, Content Management Systems
Employment Type Volunteer, Unpaid