Appointed by the Board of Trustees (BoT), the Editor-in-Chief is given delegated full responsibility for the editorial management of the Al Mohandis Magazine inline with the bylaws and general policies of Al-Kindi Society of Engineers. The BoT relies on Editor-in-Chief to ensure that the content of the Al Mohandis Magazine is of high quality and that the editorial review process is timely, fair and consistent.
To carry out these duties EiC has the following authorities:
- To work with Associate Editors (AEs), and Editorial Assistants in carrying out the editorial operations of the magazine.
- To make final decisions on editorial content.
- To make minor adjustments to the scope of the magazine in response to changes in the engineering community served by the Al Mohandis magazine.
- To propose significant changes to the scope of the magazine to the Board of Trustees in response to changes in the engineering community served by the Al Mohandis magazine.
The EiC is responsible for the content of the Al Mohandis magazine, normally making all final decisions (i.e., accept, revise, or reject) regarding the disposition of articles and other content. In addition, EiCs have the following responsibilities:
- To perform initial evaluation of submitted articles to ensure that they are properly within the scope of the Al Mohandis magazine and meet minimum requirements for publication.
- To assign articles to expert reviewers where necessary and monitor the progress of submissions to ensure timely processing.
- To ensure that the review process is carried out with fairness and integrity.
- To coordinate the smooth handoff of accepted articles for inclusion in the Al Mohandis magazine.
- To cooperate with Marketing teams in the development of plans and materials suitable for marketing the Al Mohandis Magazine.
Employment Type Volunteer, Unpaid