Associate Editors (AE) manage the review process for submitted articles. To carry out these responsibilities, AEs typically perform the following duties:
- Identify appropriate referees, secure their agreement to perform reviews, and ensure that the reviews are submitted in a timely manner, and are appropriate for use.
- Ensure that all potential conflicts-of-interest are identified and properly managed.
- Prepare reports summarizing the main findings of the review process for authors and the EiC.
- Recommend the appropriate disposition of the article, manuscript or research paper to the EiC.
- Ensure that the editorial management system contains a complete and accurate record of the status of each manuscript under their control.
Employment Type Volunteer, Unpaid