March 20, 2022
Digital Meeting via the Zoom Platform
Join Zoom Meeting
Al-Kindi Society of Engineers is holding its twenty-eighth annual general meeting on Sunday, 20 March 2022 and invites its distinguished members to attend and help shape the society’s future. Your support and attendance are vital to ensuring that Al-Kindi Society of Engineers continues to deliver and improve on its services to members and the community at large.
The programme for the AGM is as follows:
- Formal start of AGM Business and Welcome of members
- Trustees’ presentation and financial report – year ending 31 December 2021
- Voting on special resolutions 1 dissolve company limited by guarantee (requires 75% of votes to pass)
- Voting on special resolutions 2 if resolution 1 is not passed (amending articles of association and governance model) (requires 75% of votes to pass).
- Appointing an interim AGM chair to manage the elections
- Nominations and voting open to elect the new committee members and President
- End of formal AGM Business
Prior to the formal AGM, a presentation of the Presentation of the different governance models will be made.
Members unable to attend can appoint the Chair of the AGM or another member to act on their proxy instruction by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board of Trustees
Al-Kindi Society of Engineers
Nominations for open positions
Nominations for the vacant positions will remain open until the AGM. To nominate for President / Chair, you must be a current member with Fellow or Honorary Fellow grade and be willing to undertake legal responsibility of being a Company Director registered with companies House. The other positions will be nominated and voted on during the AGM as well.
If you cannot attend please fill the proxy vote, the nominated proxy will vote on your behalf for ordinary and elections. For special resolutions you need to give instructions below.